DISCLOSURE PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 13 OF ITALIAN LEGISLATIVE DECREE NO 196/2003 (ITALIAN PRIVACY CODE)
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity the user had taken in the past. This can include clicking particular buttons, logging in, or a record of which pages were visited by the user even months or years ago.
[Source : wikipedia.org]
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (“first party cookies”) or may be set by other websites who display content on the page you are viewing (“third party cookies”).
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
Most of browsers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies.
You have different options to manage the cookies on your computer or device. You can change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being accepted, or, depending on which browser you are using, you might be able to receive an alert when a website is trying to place one on your browser. With most browsers you can allow first party cookies to be set but refuse third party cookies.
You can delete cookies stored in your browser by using a function in your browser. Whilst this does not mean you won’t collect cookies in the future, it gives you freedom to delete your cookies after you have been online. This function is often known as ‘clearing cookies’.
Clearing your cookies on one browser of one device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all browsers on all channels independently.
You can find some helpful information about controlling your cookies on
DO I NEED TO ACCEPT COOKIES?
To make full use of our website, cookies need to be enabled on your browser; certain features will not work if you reject cookies. Cookies are used to offer a personalised experience when browsing the website on your computer, tablet, mobile phone…
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer. cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
- Facebook: you may get more details on its cookies and how you may opt out here -->> https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/. To select / deselect the cookie click here: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/le-tue-scelte
- Adwords: you may get more details on its cookies and how you may opt out here -->> https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2407785?hl=it. To select / deselect the cookie click here: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
HOW TO OPT IN / OPT OUT THROUGH THE BROWSER SETTINGS:
The following is a series of links to guides on settings relating to the cookies of the main browsers.
Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
Internet Explore [versione mobile]: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings
Safari [mobile version]: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
It should be pointed out that by disabling the cookies in your browser, these settings are applied to all web sites and not only to this one.
In addition to that illustrated above, you can nevertheless set up your browser in order to automatically reject the receipt of cookies by activating the specific option: rejection of use of technical cookies, however, could lead to difficulties in interaction with this webiste.
Finally, you are informed that, pursuant to Article 7 of the Italian Privacy Code, you are entitled to certain rights, including that of objecting to processing. To this end, therefore, you can change your choice at any time by going back to this Disclosure.